Terms and Conditions
Salish Seaside RV Haven Resort Guidelines
Check In/Out time
Check in time is at 1:00pm. Check out time is at 11:00am. Please be mindful of the time, as we have other guests checking into the sites.
All guests must check in at the office upon arrival unless agreed with management before hand.
The speed limit in the park is 10 KPH
Please be aware of pedestrians and pets/wild life on the roadways.
No parking on the lawn or in the roadways
If you have extra vehicles and they won’t fit in your site, please speak with a member of staff. Any vehicle without a pass issued by the office can be found at the local towing company.
No driving on the lawn at any time
Driving on the lawn causes divits and uneven surfaces that are trip hazards including damage to the lawn sprinkling system.
Deposits & Cancellation Policy
Please see Terms & Conditions posted below.
Children must be supervised
We are an ocean front property, please ensure children and pets are accompanied by an adult at all times. Safety is our number one priority.
Tents and car camping is not permitted in the resort at any time.
Showers and Washrooms
Washing dishes, cutlery, BBQ equipment or animals in the showers, washrooms or laundry room is strictly prohibited.
Visitors are required to check in at the office before entering the park. Any vehicle without a pass issued by the office can be found at the local towing company.
Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
Be sure to close awnings when leaving your rig unattended
Strong winds can come about suddenly and cause severe damage. Please ask a member of staff if you require assistance. Salish Seaside RV Haven will not be held responsible for any damage caused.
Cleanliness of the park
Sites are to be kept clean and orderly, as determined by management. Please leave washrooms and laundry as you would like to find them. If they are in need of attention, please notify a member of staff. No RV/vehicle cleaning or maintenance is permitted because of our nearness to the saltwater.
Well behaved pets are welcome. Pets must be on leash. The owner should be on the other end of the leash. It is the sole responsibility of the owner to pick up after your critter. Excessive noise or allowing pets to roam off leash could result in you being asked to leave the Resort. Pets are not allowed in any buildings or other camper’s sites. Pets are not to be left unattended at the site.
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage, bottles, cans, cardboard and other recyclables are to be placed in the bins provided behind the park office. The disposal of personal garbage and recycling in the laundry room, washrooms and showers is strictly prohibited.
Only things that are meant to go down the toilet & sinks please. NO baby wipes, paper towel, feminine products, plastics of any kind, dental floss, grease & fat (please put in the garbage).
No open campfires. Propane fire pits are permitted. Available for rent, please ask a member of staff.
Please help us keep the lawns looking good. Picnic tables are to remain on the concrete pads and the lawns are to be kept clear of all personal belongings.
Please respect other people's privacy and refrain from walking through occupied sites.
Smoking is not permitted in any common areas, or in any buildings.
Please ask a staff member if you need anything, we are happy to help.
Terms & Conditions
The Guest that rents a site at the Resort (the “R.V. Site”) acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The R.V. Site is only to be used for a recreational vehicle and any reasonable equipment associated with the use of that R.V, on the condition that at no time will the R.V. be used as the Guest’s primary residence.
- In addition to the R.V. itself, the Guest is authorized to park one vehicle on the R.V. Site (depending on site and size of R.V.). The Guest will be charged a fee for any additional vehicle in the Resort that is parked by the Guest or any other person in their party. The Guest will register vehicle license plate numbers at the front desk upon arrival. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- The Guest will maintain the R.V. Site in a clean and uncluttered condition (no laundry lines). All vehicles occupying the R.V. Site will be kept in neat, clean and repaired condition, as determined by the Resort management or its agents, in their sole discretion.
- The Guest is liable for the safe keeping and condition of the R.V and will arrange for reasonable insurance to cover the R.V. throughout their stay at the Resort. The Resort is not liable for the safe keeping or condition of the R.V., nor any damage or loss to or of the RV or any other property in possession of the Guest whatsoever. The Guest will be required to sign a Release and Waiver of Liability at check-in.
- The Guest and anyone in their party linked to the R.V. Site will abide by the Rules & Regulations for the park as posted on our website: www.victoriarv.com (a paper copy will be available at check-in). The Resort reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations at any time.
- Prices include two people per site with a maximum of 4 people per site. Extra adults (14 years and over) will incur a charge of $6.00 per person, per night.
- Absolutely no subletting of the site by the registered guest is permitted to any other party at any time.
- The Resort reserves the right to transfer the Guest’s rental of the R.V. Site to a different site within the Resort, if the Resort finds such a transfer to be necessary.
- Weekly rates are subject to availability and only apply if the Guest stays in the same R.V. Site for seven (7) consecutive nights. Weekly rates do not apply during those weeks in which rates change, e.g. a 7-day period that starts in late March and ends in April or a 7-day period that starts in late September and ends in October.
- Monthly reservations (November-March only) will require a 'Seasonal Rental Agreement' to be signed and dated by the guest prior to arrival.
- Reservations between 7 nights – 1 month require a deposit of $100.00 at time of booking. Reservations of 6 nights or less require a deposit of one (1) night of your stay.
- Reservations between 1 month – 6 months (Winter months only) require a deposit of $150.00 which is applied to the last month of your stay. Upon arrival, the total balance for the first month will be due. If cancellation occurs Salish Seaside requires 30 days notice. The rent will be due on the first of each month.
- Cancellation policy (1 night – up to 1 month) - If more than 14 days’ notice is given, a $21.00 administration fee will be charged to refund your deposit. Less than 14 days’ notice to cancel will result in the original deposit being forfeit. Reducing a booking within the 14 day period will result in the original deposit being forfeit.
Any deposits paid to secure a booking within 14 days of the arrival date are non-refundable if cancellation occurs.
- Cancellation policy (1 month – 6 months) – If more than 30 days’ notice is given, a $21.00 administration fee will be charged to refund the deposit. Less than 30 days’ notice to cancel will result in the original deposit being forfeited. Reducing a booking within the 30 day period will result in the original deposit being forfeit. Any deposits paid to secure a booking within 30 days of the arrival date are non-refundable if cancellation occurs.
- The remaining balance for your reservation is due upon arrival. Any unregistered vehicles on our property will be towed away at the owner’s expense by I-TOW (250-383-4869).
- Any unpaid deposits 48 hours past the booking date will result in the original tentative reservation being cancelled.
- During the peak season (May 1 - September 30), the maximum permitted stay is 31 days. During the off peak season (October 1 - April 30), 6 months is the maximum stay permitted in the resort. Monthly rates are offered for the months November - March only.
- Pets are welcome in the park but must be well behaved and on a leash at ALL times. The Guest is responsible for picking up after their critter. Excessive noise or allowing pets to roam off leash could result in the Guest being asked to leave the Resort. We permit two small (22Lbs or under) dogs or 1 large dog (50Lbs and over) per site.
- The Resort reserves the right to refuse entry to any reservation that is made involving false claims when booking, with no refunds. E.g. Number of guests and unit type.
- Any illegal activities in the Resort or surrounding areas will not be tolerated and will result in the Guest being asked to leave the park.
- The Guest will not feed any wildlife. This law is enforced by Resort management and the Township of Esquimalt. A fine of up to $125.00 could be issued.
- RVs must be 10 years old or less and in good condition, it is up to management discretion if unit is older than 10 years old to accept admittance.
- The resort does not permit car camping or tents at anytime.
Release and Waiver of Liability
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS IN THIS DOCUMENT, YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
TO: XHAMASUNG HOLDINGS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, dba SALISH SEASIDE RV HAVEN, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, guides, instructors, volunteers, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred to as the "RELEASEES")
In this Agreement, the term "Premises" shall include but is not limited to: the premises known generally as the Salish Seaside RV Haven, the RV/mobile home pads, washrooms and shower facilities, roadways, walking paths, beach and water, boat ramp, docks, barbeques, propane fire pits, parking lot and surrounding natural environment.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – SAFETY
I acknowledge that I have been advised of the Rules and Regulations of the Premises. I am aware that my use of the Premises may be subject to applicable municipal and provincial regulations and that there are owners and/or staff available to answer any questions I may have as to my use of the Premises. I am aware that there are no lifeguards and/or first aid personnel on duty at the Premises.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that my use of the Premises involves many risks, dangers and hazards, including but not limited to exposure to natural occurrences (such as lightning, high winds and rainstorms) and wildlife, drowning; sun exposure; overexertion; equipment failure; variations in weather that may cause serious damage to personal property including but not limited to damage to RV’s, trailers, truck campers parked at the RV park and/or vehicles parked in the parking lot; theft; fire; negligence of other persons; and that consumption of animals, vegetation, water and other substances found on or around the Premises can be harmful; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS OF THE PREMISES. I am aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the area used in and around the Premises.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releases allowing me to rent the Premises and use its facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my rental of the Premises, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 337, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE PREMISES REFERRED TO ABOVE;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from my use of the Premises referred to above;
- This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity;
- This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releases with respect to the safety of my use of the Premises referred to above, other than what is set forth in this Agreement. I confirm I have read and comply with the Term & conditions.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO ACCEPTING IT’S TERMS, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY CLICKING ‘I HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF OCCUPANCY’ I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Thank you for choosing The Salish Seaside RV Haven.
Enjoy your stay!