Golfing in Victoria
Posted by Tom Westley on
The Greater Victoria area boasts some of the finest golfing around, and conditions allow enthusiastic golfers access year round. Whether you want to stay close in and do a casual nine holes, try something new for the whole family, or make golf the main theme of your stay, a multitude of options awaits.
First, here are three public courses for the casual player. They are attached to public recreation centres, and they provide a great way to enjoy the game with kids or novices if you yourself are an experienced golfer:
For the more discerning player, we suggest one of these excellent courses nearby:
- Gorge Vale Golf Club is a heritage course only minutes away from our RV Park. Designed in 1927 with fairways on 143 acres featuring rock outcroppings and ancient trees, the classic links design has been updated with modern greens and water features. It is a welcoming club for the whole family.
- Highland Pacific Golf Course is a family owned, beautiful, and challenging course. Family values are reflected in the casual and friendly feel you will get immediately upon entering. The driving range is one of only two in British Columbia to receive the 100 Top Ranges in North America award four years in a row. The lower portion of the two-level range and availability of free clubs for children and adults make it the perfect outdoors activity even on the rainiest day.
If you love golfing and you want to sample some courses a little further afield, these three courses are well worth checking out:
- Cordova Bay Golf Club is a public/private course situated alongside the beautiful Cordova Bay, a 20-minute drive from our RV Park. Visitors may book a tee time online, and the green fee includes cart rental.
- Bear Mountain is a premier resort a half hour drive away and it boasts two distinct courses; the challenging Nicklaus-designed Mountain Course and the more serene Valley Course. All rates include a power cart with GPS, club valet, club cleaning, and warm-up balls on the practice facility.
- Olympic View Golf Club is a beautiful course 20 minutes away from Salish Seaside RV. It offers spectacular views of the Olympic Mountains, a Japanese garden onsite, and waterfalls, all surrounded by forest. It has won numerous awards over the years.
If you want to see the best courses Vancouver Island has to offer, why not tour the best greens while you’re here? These two services will ensure your golfing experiences will be adventures of a lifetime, at a great rate.
- Golf Central arranges tee times with no surcharge, all over the Island and British Columbia. They also provide convenient shuttle service from Victoria, which includes preferred tee times and rentals for the most exclusive clubs in the area.
- Golf Vancouver Island specializes in golf … on the Island. Book a package, or for the best deal, book for all 13 courses on the 250-kilometer Vancouver Island Golf Trail.
When the mood strikes, you will enjoy these options for a relaxing stroll in the sun behind that little white ball, or for a bit of exercise and fun at the driving range on a rainy day. It’s a great way to meet Islanders and experience the local life.